Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.2 (The End)

I went to the 12:15am premier for this because really, I was so super excited to see it. I am a huge fan of the book, not obsessively, just a big fan, and as much as I just loved with what they did with the first part I in turn thought they'd do to this one what they did to the first one; Bring it justice.

Which they did NOT.

I was excited leaving the theaters but now that I just kinda sat here and thought about it... I can't help but feel SO disappointed and let down by it. Not only did they just... CHANGE a lot of the fighting and story (that I am sure left a lot of non-book readers guessing) They also left out IMPORTANT and I think crucial points.
For Instance, Dumbledore's sisters story. I know it was a bit... explicit but that's why Dumbledore became the wizard he is. Same goes for Snape. Now for those that didn't read the book they won't know Snape's true intentions all this time. I mean... I guess they kinda got the gist of it but it doesn't do it justice. Not at all.

Well... like my friend Caroline... I'm just hoping that they're gonna take out some kind of director's cut that shows more....

No comments:

Post a Comment