Monday, October 31, 2016

Last Exile & Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing

Oh god... I'm all stuck in feels right now.... I'm seriously on the verge of crying...
I just finished a mini-marathon of Last Exile: Fam, the silver wing and It was the episode that recapped what happened in the Original Last Exile (15.5) that got me right in that soft spot that holds Last Exile in my heart....

OMG... First off, WOW, This is one of those shows that I only ever watch dubbed and the re-cast they had to get because of the different company and just... The situation that most of those actors are retired or too busy with other things, to even do a lot of voice acting, but I am SO happy that Funimation tried really, really hard... and SUCCEED in getting actors that fit the old cast almost to a T.

Claus was so close to how Johnny Young Bosch did that... I swear I wanna cry.. Lucciola (oringally mona marshall)... OMG... I'M ON THE VERGE OF TEARS.... Ahh... that re-cap was seriously walking through memory lane of my early anime years and as i'm sure you all know, those first years have so many emotions tied to them that I'm just a squishy marshmallow right now.

Anyways, if you watched this second season/series of Last Exile, you know it's been several years AFTER the original Last Exile. Both Clause and Lavi are long dead (??) and Alvis and Dio are in the middle of a whole new war that of course involves trying to go after the Exiles and their keys.

Which first off, I was confused on WHY Claus and Lavi are gone. Mostly because Tatiana & Alister are still alive... and... look barely older than when we left them... when they were already OLDER than Claus and Lavi.... So, from where I am right now.. MYSTERY.. but.. I'm almost done, just a few more eps to go before I see what lies behind the mystery, anyways,  I'm honestly quite annoyed with Fam and pretty much the main characters of this new series. My whole interest has been in Dio and any and all OLD characters. I can't express enough how much Claus and Lavi meant to me. It was one of the first anime I watched and it touched me so deeply that It's... it's just ONE OF THOSE.

My fellow anime fans you know what I speak of. lol..

There is that ONE anime that will always mean more to you than any other, even when you get many new favorites, that one will mean more simply because it's tied to you in memory and emotionally. That is what Last Exile is to me.

Claus was the main chara in the first series. Fam, is the main in this one.

So my rate or feelings as far as these new main characters go, it's just meh. Blah. bleh.

My rate/feelings as far as Dio and the overall story and how they linked the new and the old, it's a solid 8/10.
-----SO FAR. Gonna get to the last episode soon. I can't wait!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment