Sunday, February 23, 2020

DSP Debacle

I honestly never thought they would turn into one of the asshole publishers that they saved so many books from. They were there for Silver Publishing, Ellora's Cave and many other publishers that turned rancid on the inside and stole thousands from authors.

And now they become one of them.

I am just so very sad about that. I really am. I don't even know what to really say or feel other than feel so sad and betrayed by them. And that's just me as a READER I can't begin to imagine how the Author's published through them must feel. It's really just the worst thing to have happened to one of the, if not the real last giant MM Romance publisher.

One thing I have been really hating more than what they did is watching author's that have left berate and ridicule those that have decided to stay. What everyone does in this situation is their own business and reason. And they don't have to justify it to anyone but themselves.

So all those bitches out there that claim to be on all authors' side, how about you not shame those that stayed. okay?
Again, mind your business. You have no idea what was their reason for staying AND they don't need to tell anyone. It does NOT mean they're the only ones getting paid or made a deal or whatever, it was just a choice they felt was the best for them. So again, FUCK OFF.

Now... I don't think Dreamspinner Press will ever recover from this. Unless someone else takes management of this and they kick out Elizabeth North, I don't know if there will be a comeback. Even if there is a resurrection. No one will trust them again. Maybe it's something deeper and not Elizabeth North, but who knows... I'm only seeing what people are assuming and not what the real shit factor was.

In any case, it's indeed just a sad view to see. This publisher that saved homeless books from rotten publishers ultimately become one of the very same rotten apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment