Wednesday, September 16, 2020

More Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai nonsense

Continuing my obsession with Twittering Birds Never Fly, I was recently looking into what their names mean. As you know, sometimes the way names are written, especially in Japanese, have a very specific and sometimes beautiful and majestic meanings. So these are the ones I've found. :D They were posted on Tumblr*

Yashiro 矢代: arrow + change 
Doumeki Chikara 百目鬼 力: ‘hundred-eyed demon,’ power/force/strength  

Kageyama Kanji 影山 莞爾: shadow + mountain, smiling
Kuga 久我: long time + self 
Misumi 三角: three corners (or 'triangle’)
Amou 天羽: heavens/sky + feather  
Hirata 平田: equal/even/level + field
Ryuuzaki 竜崎: dragon + promontory 
Nanahara 七原: seven meadows
Sugimoto 杉本: cedar + origin/true



FUCKING.... Doumeki... fucking... Powerful Hundred-eyed Demon. I cannot get over his name. It's pure magic!! I knew "Chikara" meant "Strength" or "Power", but I wasn't sure what kanji Doumeki was written with and to find out it's "Hundred-eyed Demon".. HA! yes. YES. It fits him so freaking well! XD
Yashiro's "Arrow +  Change" Reminds me of crossroads. I know you can't really see too much into it, but sensei wrote it that way for a reason. She could have just written in katakana or what-not so... yeah. haha

Anyways, I'm happy to know what their names mean. It's pretty fitting for them all I think. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment