Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Day 88...? — What I've been doing this whole time.... Lots of Stuff

Interesting times, huh? Just reminiscing what has been going on and what I've done these past few months during quarantine. I've been playing pokemon go again. More frequently anyways. Even though I can't go out and do huge raids and do community day like we used to. It was fun being out with big groups and such but this new way is alright. Like... doing it from home. Definitely don't get that much or that many shinies but, eh... It's another thing to pass the time during quarantine. But alas. It looks like the world is starting to slowly go back into motion... 

Malls and most if not all stores are opening this week, all with restrictions, of course! Protocols they need to follow and such.. It's just weird. Really strange settling into this new normal. I honestly don't wanna go back to work yet, mainly because It's a theme park. Where people from ALL OVER THE WORLD come. So for me, that's kind of a scary thought. I don't want to open myself to this sickness. ~sigh~
I mean, they say all of us getting it is inevitable but, obviously, I'm scared what that might mean for me. I could die from it if exposed...
So yeah.. scary morbid thoughts on this. Happy it's almost over but scared because there is no turning back or running away from this what so ever.

As of right now I'm still being paid by work. Though now it's only 50% of my regular pay. It went from 100% to 80% in May and now to 50% in June. Honestly, I'm still grateful for that because as most know, not everyone is being taken care of by their employer like this. Since the moment we closed, we were paid our full pay. Then in May, around the 3rd I think it was, It was cut to 80% for all employee's. And It's only recently that they cut it because of the extended time in which the park as been closed. Which again, I'm not too mad about. I'm so grateful to even be getting that. 
So, my point in bringing this up, I have had a little bit more spending money since I don't have to waste on food and public transport SO.. I treated myself these!

Kaworu & Shinji (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
⬅️ That's an Evangelion clear file of Shinji and Kaworu. ❤️ There on the bottom is a Cardcaptor Sakura Pin. It's her first wand & a Kero strap/keychain. 





Kingdom Hearts shoes➡️ 
From Hot Topic. :D







Also got some cute masks and lots of pins and keychains from a seller on etsy. lol... I mean, I had to treat myself just a little right? I still made sure I have enough for rent so, for now I'm good. xP
I have only received  these so far. I have yet to receive the masks and other pins. Hopefully they'll arrive soon. :D

To help keep myself sane through all this, I really got back into my video games. Especially the recently released Final Fantasy VII REMAKE. It's so fucking amazing!! Of course, there are people that hated it, purists, lol... that didn't like how they changed from the original but I honestly love it. It's REMAKE. Not REMASTERED. I love the original so much, so very much. It's tied into so much of what my childhood was but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the new one. At it's core it's still the original story. So many lines were classic and exact it was so nostalgic and beautiful! lol

Also one cool thing that came out of this, I guess? Is that the Author Richelle Mead finally reappeared! LOL... I was a little concerned because she just vanished without a trace or word. Not that she needed to tell us readers anything really, but as she was in the middle of a book tour and then just... left-- I couldn't help but be concerned. I know she was a new mom and all that but most author's still post something you know? for almost 2 years she was just gone and there were so many fans that asked and asked but no one knew anything so, seeing all that I also grew concerned until May when she had a video chat. A live on FB I think it was... so now that I know she's just enjoying motherhood, I'm glad she's okay.

Other things I've done during this, was read. A LOT. I read so many manga, FINALLY!!! I feel, like because it was just, work, rest, sleep--work, rest, sleep, for these past few years that I never got to enjoy too much anymore. Especially since I take public transport, I was always just waiting or getting up extra early to get to work that i never felt I had time or energy to do anything but rest and sleep for the next day. So happy I got to rest as much as I did for this lock down. lol. Read lots of Manga, Yaoi, and just gay novels in general. 
Sadly one of my favorite hetero author's fell into a horror novel of her own. Her Husband and his mistress were poisoning her and tried to kill her. Also, the fucker is now suing her for her rights to all her books. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. If not, It's Sherrilyn Kenyon. Now Sherrilyn McQueen. As she went back to her maiden name to try to escape a little something from the monster she married. He's trying to take away all of her babies, her books and characters and... man... it's just a sad story. I'm sure you can find the article somewhere. I'm not gonna get into it other than mentioning it like this...
I wish the best for her. Seriously hope she wins this lawsuit. It's so awful....

But yeah. That's all I did these past few months. Watched lots of crime stuff on YouTube and Documentaries on Netflix and HBO, watched lots of movies and shows. Read a lot of books and Manga. Played lots of video games.. I think I can look back on these days as a fond memory... I think. Aside from the Murder of George Floyd that is. Even though his Murder is recorded and all out with no arguments, with this corrupt justice system it's likely to give the white men that killed him a simple slap on the wrist as there is, once again, no real justice in the country anymore. 
I'm glad that his murder sparked a real movement and awareness. It's divided the country more but some people actually had their eyes opened to the brutality of police. Lots of change is needed and I think when history books look back on this point and time. It's going to be how this was the beginning of the end of the United States of America as we know it... or.. knew it. Shitface in the Oval Office has destroyed this great nation. This point in time when he called the Armed forces on her very citizens, it was the beginning of the end of this Country. I don't know if anyone can fix our relations with other countries ever again. It's a scary thought. Also to think where we will all be in 20 years from now. To see how much irreparable damage was dealt.

 Anyways, It's again, scary to think we're all going back to mingle with stupid idiots who don't care about the dangers to others and still won't cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough.. I just hope whomever gets covid-19 because of them survives. 

Lots of morbid thoughts. A little excitement, but mostly trepidation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment